Saturday, March 8, 2008

what rhymes with gone?

The sun is setting
I'm done betting
It definately ain't coming back.

down is the sun
it's done
no more fun
for this sun of a gun.

the moon is late
still on her date
probably

she isn't coming, is she?
but if sun or moon won't be
as i sit atop this belfry
will this mystery
ever leave me?


Burn me, sun
or freeze me, moon.
just don't leave me here
to bathe in this lone tear.

i need you
i don't care what you do
hit me
hug me
curse me
coddle me
just be near
so i can hear
with my own ear
that you are here

i'm a broken toy
a crushed joy
don't be coy
you speak far too faint
to peel anymore paint
from the dainty frame.
i now have no shame
it floats in the bay
where we used to play

it was only yesterday...

please don't throw me away...

No comments: