Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Are These Thoughts, or Is This Just My Imagination?"

Is there a difference between Sound and Noise? Personally, I find Noise to be imperfect; Rather bothersome with lack of harmony or rhythm to any of it's surrounding peers. Sound inspires me, always soothing me with it's beautifully abundant varieties. The best examples of what I'm saying would be when the Motor Vehicle is sick, the Doctor asks, 'What noise is it making?' In the Park, hearing the sound of children at play or the Wind whistling through the Trees often pulls one to ease from the noise of the city.

But, then I think... What if Noise is merely premature Sound? Perhaps when we listen to noise, it wasn't ready to be heard (Or possibly, we weren't ready to hear it)? Maybe Noise just needs to find it's voice, so it may speak in clearer consciousness what it was truly meaning to say. But since Noise is so young, it doesn't know where to look to find it's voice. Which makes me think, maybe Noise and Sound aren't so different. Perhaps Sound is Noise that found it's harmony and rhythm and knows how to express it.

But where did Noise find harmony and rhythm? Nothing spontaneously changes in neither in Chaos or Harmony without intervention. It takes two things to create change things. Maybe Sound is stretched Noise, altered to a Controller's will, but that wouldn't create harmony if It is forced into a state of unwanted cooperation. I purpose that Sound is Noise that has found it's complimentary Noise, that Noise has found it's voice in another peer; That when Noise finds another noise that harmoniously fuses with it, they mate and mature drastically into something as lovely as Sound because all they needed is each other to find their true potential and beauty.

Sometimes I feel like Noise. Quite imperfect, bothersome at times, a lot like most of the World; Without rhythm or harmony. But maybe I'd feel a lot less like Noise if I knew how to love and find harmony in the Noise around me, so the whole World would sound a little sweeter. But, what I really want is to find that one Noise that will complete me, help me mature, and compliment me in every way, because I don't want to be Noise that's finding it's Voice; I want to be Sound that's found it's Voice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know personal musings could be so profound. You helped me feel what you feel just by your questions and concepts. Bravo. :) Don't worry, we all have our compliment noise to make us into a lovely sound. One of these days, we'll find it.

Anonymous said...

when you first posed the question i had an inkling of an idea. then you dove into the depths of the question and surfaced with brilliant musings that sang my inklings...