Monday, November 10, 2008

Yuck (I'm a Liar)

She is gross.

Her cubby next to mine,
her poop-brown pigtails smell like a cat's butt.

As we enter the cafeteria, I swear
she farted, Mrs. Johnson, it wasn't me.

A dead fish sandwich from a princess lunch box
make me gag as her lips surround a wonder bread coffin.

A lunch recess and the thought of her
help me vomit the color of her dress.

her hideous laugh makes me cringe
as the sound comes out of perfect pearls.

Four-squares become one when she gallops by,
Playing "Ponies" on playground pavement and grassy hills.

Her name haunts me just thinking of it.
Rosanne Vavrosky, ugly and stupid..

A button nose on her face,
running like her "Alice in Wonderland" shoes.

wiping the snot from her nose, I must confess
I love the button nose on her pretty face...

But,
She is gross.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

This is amazing. You've really got a gift, brother.

Megan said...

This is so creative, I love it!

Anonymous said...

Having said that, I love this poem! The "four squares becoming one" reminds me of recess time at Bear Creek Elementary many years ago. We little button-noses spent all our time saying that boys were stupid, but I for one was really hoping one or two of them thought I was cute!