Monday, November 3, 2008

The Cliche Kid

I'm the Cliche Kid.

Roll out the red carpet,
The creme de la creme is here
to sing you to sleep with sweet lullabies;
a different kind of music to your ears.

I'm a winning combination of pen and paper.
In my profession, ignorance is bliss,
and I'm here to "hear" your comments and concerns
so I can put them on my "To Do" list.

Can you hear the angels sing?
They are singing my songs,
written for queens and kings
of royal thrones and ancient legacies.

Watch me wave my magic wand.
This isn't the same old song and dance.
I speak original material off the top of my head.
You must be seeing things, I'm not that redundent.

Can you wrap your mind around my brilliance?
you hear the words coming out of my mouth,
but are you just smiling and nodding?
All I say is give genius a chance

Get it?

Probably not. After all...
I am the Cliche Kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it. The lyrical flow of your words makes me think of music, but I just can't quite make out the melody...