Monday, April 6, 2009

"Validated" Vindication

You're hurtin', that's for certain.
The shots rang while insults sang
from the tongue and Thompson
of a repeat offender.
This isn't a sanctioned sin and
God does not approve of this message.
Don't worry, I know. Oh I know...

It's not enough to have the blood and spit
on your favorite coat from the throat he slit
While you are so simply expected to quit.
You've been hit and your skin is split!
Stand up straight
Throw them your weight
Retaliate
It's only fair to hate what they create.

"Fair"...
The glare that flares a "once more" rapport into wretched war...

Anyhow,
The sound and spit has settled
the dust between your crosses and curses.
Air flowing out,
Air coming in,
Ok, we can breathe again.
And now I ask you...
Do you feel better now?
Did your gift receipt come in handy?
Is this bruise for bruise,
This lose for lose,
parting the clouds so you can say so loud,
"Oh, everything's just dandy"?
Because I thought I knew who the loser was
until his blood spilled as you waited for applause.
Now, I won't lie, I just see a tie.
Can we please press pause
because
there must be some flaws
emanating from my jaws...
After all, lets look at the scene.
Cause from what I've seen,
Neither are clean.
I see stains on both jeans.
I don't mean to demean, but this is obscene,
like 2 thirteen year old hate machines.
I can't see why i should stay,
I'm beginning to fray
From frustration.
I'm going to walk away.
Do you have anything to say?

1 comment:

saraface said...

Evan, i like your poems a lot a lot a lot. :)