Sunday, April 26, 2009

What I Once Saw

The world was geometry,
Polygons patched together by
Someone greater than I.

The people were androids,
Initiating apathetic responses from
My apathetic approach.

The colors were there,
But not alive like the flowers
they occupied.

The clouds were missing
The shapes they held back when
I could swing so high.

The stars were asymmetrical.
A beautiful blanket of dots,
But lacking alignment.

My imagination was frightening
-ly dull as all I once saw
were polygons, androids, dots and
blotches of gray blotting spots of blue

But who knew
that who made this view
could provide clarity to me
If I would only open my eyes and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many people feel this way - only without the hope of clarity you speak of. Thank you!