Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Guilt Sinks In

A leather booth harbors something ruttish,
My vanity accentuated by a two tone suit and vest.
Across the blur, I spot sex in Sunday's best.
Smothering a cigarette, I have a lust to extinguish.

A Pair of Legs follows my hand to the floor.
Pride diminishes as we step "in time".
Compassion dripping down their thigh
They smiled, but in a place I didn't see before...

Fixation follows their form to her face.
How could they distract me from her beauty?
Her cordial spirit spoke, "My name is Lindsey."
Her name shook conviction into it's place.

The Christ within condemns my sin,
As my canonical guilt sinks in...

(Writer's note- I hope people make the connection between this and the haiku, "My Name is Lindsey", since the haiku is a prequel that says the same thing as this in a far more subtle and unrecognizable way. hope you take something away from it.)

No comments: