Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A circus clown and chinese fireworks.

Putting on a tie to keep me down,
but it's doing it's job too well.
Can I untie this knot from my chest?

"Of course not! You know what happened last time..."
The Rabbit in the corner says as he helps me put on my vest.

Oh I do!
my taped-together heart remembers the last time
I let it fall from it's cage,
Its cursed, constricting cage.

Attaching my pocket watch,
the time tells me it's time
to make a wish.

I make the same wish...

just like i did the last time
the watch told me the time
7 minutes ago.
(I believe my wish is broken)

The Rabbit slaps my somber "smile" with my gloves...
"Get it together, you have a show to do!"
Smiling, he slips his "gentle reminder" onto my hand.

My platonic marriage meets me,
letting my hands sweat like hers.
(My reaction is emotional, hers is natural)

as I lead her to the party,
her clammy hand on mine,
the liquid leaking past the lace
reminds me why
she's the center of my affection.


Writer's note - you shouldn't get it. this is my personal "tie removal" if you do get it, well... impressive.

No comments: