Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Different Kind of Illusion

My Dear, may i have your affection, please?
Allow me to present a miracle or two...

Watch me take an awkward pause
and make the "kward" disappear
into the thin air we breath,
so that all that we can hear
is our contentment holding hands.

If I may borrow your beautiful brown eyes,
I'll turn a slight glance from across the room
to something a little more intimate,
a place where your iris can bloom
and that we may dance between each others gaze.

Next, I'd change a cat into a lion,
But I thought I'd do something impressive.
I believe i feel your knee resting on mine,
and with a gesture of charm, I'll bring alive
both our hands so they may rest where they belong.

Unfortunately, I left my top hat and cape
backstage next to where my confidence lies.
Don't worry though, I'll be back tomorrow
with lilies and rainbow-colored butterflies
spilling out my cuffs at your very own magic show.

1 comment:

Megan said...

This is AMAZING!!! I really thought it was beautiful.